City Diplomacy Lab joins forces with UCLG and Cités Unies France to bring the global discussion on gender equity and city diplomacy to the 11th World Urban Forum.
Through the contributions of mayors and experts, this conference aims to address the issue of gender equity from the perspective of urban metabolism. According to this perspective, equality is, in fact, not only a moral imperative but a necessary condition for the effective, harmonious and sustainable functioning of any urban society.
The conference will particularly explore the contribution of municipal administrations to foster this approach, with an emphasis devoted to city diplomacy’s potential to strengthen this action through the sharing of best practices, the introduction of joint projects, and international advocacy.
- Ms. Emilia Saiz, UCLG Secretary General, Spain
- Dr. Lorenzo Kihlgren Grandi, Director of the City Diplomacy Lab at Columbia Global Centers | Paris, France
- Ms. Elise Pereira-Nunes, Deputy Mayor for gender equality, the fight against discrimination, international relations, city networks, and the Francophonie, City of Tours, France
- Ms. Yvonne Denise Aki-Sawyerr*, Mayor of Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Dr. Claudia López Hernández*, Mayor of Bogotá, Colombia
Monday, June 27, 2022, 13:30-15:00 CEST
Katowice’s International Congress Centre: Voices from Cities Room B
To attend online, please register here