City Diplomacy Lab joins forces with UCLG and Cités Unies France to bring the global discussion on gender equity and city diplomacy to the 11th World Urban Forum.
Through the contributions of mayors and experts, this conference aims to address the issue of gender equity from the perspective of urban metabolism. According to this perspective, equality is, in fact, not only a moral imperative but a necessary condition for the effective, harmonious and sustainable functioning of any urban society.
The conference will particularly explore the contribution of municipal administrations to fostering this approach, with an emphasis devoted to city diplomacy’s potential to strengthen this action through the sharing of best practices, the introduction of joint projects, and international advocacy.
- Ms. Yvonne Aki-Sawyerr OBE, Mayor of Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Dr. Lorenzo Kihlgren Grandi, Director of the City Diplomacy Lab at Columbia Global Centers | Paris
- Ms. Céline Papin, Deputy Mayor of Bordeaux, Vice President of Bordeaux Métropole, President of the Latin American and Caribbean Dynamic (DALC), Cités Unies France
- Ms. Elise Pereira-Nunes, Deputy Mayor of Tours, Delegate for gender equality, the fight against discrimination, international relations, city networks, and the Francophonie, President of the Gender workgroup at Cités Unies France
- Dr. Diana Rodríguez Franco, Secretary of Women, City of Bogotá, Colombia
- Ms. Julia Munroe, United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) focal point for gender equity
Monday, June 27, 2022, 13:30-15:00 CEST
Katowice’s International Congress Centre: Voices from Cities Room B