This standing committee is composed of highly distinguished scholars from outside the City Diplomacy Lab.
The members of the Scientific Committee are appointed by the Director with a renewable three-year mandate. They advise the Lab in its strategic actions and assess the quality and progress of all research. The Scientific Committee meets twice annually.
Current members of the Scientific Committee are, in alphabetical order:
- Hiba Bou Akar, Associate Professor at the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation; Founder and Director of the Post-Conflict Cities Lab; Member, Committee on Global Thought, Columbia University
- Patricia Crifo, Professor at the Department of Economics and Director of the “Economics for Smart Cities and Climate Policy” Master Program, École Polytechnique
- Renata Paola Dameri, Prorector for International Cooperation and Smart Cities, Professor of Economics, University of Genoa
- Tanya L. Domi, Adjunct Assistant Professor of International and Public Affairs, School of International and Public Affairs and Affiliated Faculty, Harriman Institute, Columbia University; Chair of the Western Balkans Observatory Initiative, New Lines Institute for Strategy and Policy, Washington, D.C.
- Giuliano da Empoli, Lecturer at Sciences Po; former Deputy Mayor for Culture of Florence
- Eugenio Di Sciascio, Vice Mayor of Bari and Professor of Information Processing Systems, Polytechnic University of Bari
- Yasmine Ergas, Director, Gender and Public Policy Specialization; Lecturer in the Discipline of International and Public Affairs; Member, Committee on Global Thought, Columbia University
- Sheila R. Foster, Scott K. Ginsburg Professor of Urban Law and Policy at Georgetown University; Visiting Professor at Columbia University’s Climate School
- Jun Hajiro, Professor, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS), Tokyo
- Ziad Jamaleddine, Assistant Professor at the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation, Columbia University
- Jacqueline Klopp, Co-Director, Center for Sustainable Urban Development, Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Christian Lequesne, Full Professor of Political Science at Sciences Po, Chief Editor of European Review of International Studies (ERIS)
- Nilda Mesa, Director of the Urban Sustainability and Equity Planning Program, Center for Sustainable Urban Development, Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Carlos Moreno, Scientific Director “Entrepreneurship, Territory, Innovation” Chair, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Ibrahim S. Odeh, Founding Director, Global Leaders in Construction Management, Department of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Columbia University
- Leoluca Orlando, Professor of Public Law, University of Palermo; former Mayor of Palermo
- Frédéric Ramel, Full Professor of Political Science and Dean of the Political Science Department, Sciences Po
- Saskia Sassen, Robert S. Lynd Professor of Sociology and Co-Chair, Committee on Global Thought, Columbia University
- Marta Severo, Full Professor in Communication at the University of Paris Nanterre
- Weiping Wu, Vice Provost for Academic Programs; Professor and Director of the Urban Planning Program, Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation, Columbia University
- Paolo Zanenga, President of the Diotima Society; Lecturer at the Polytechnic University of Turin and Parsons School of Design, The New School