This standing committee is composed of highly distinguished scholars from outside the City Diplomacy Lab.
The members of the Scientific Committee are appointed by the Director with a renewable three-year mandate. They advise the Lab in its strategic actions and assess the quality and progress of all research. The Scientific Committee meets twice annually.
Current members of the Scientific Committee are, in alphabetical order:
- Patricia Crifo, Professor at the Department of Economics and Director of the “Economics for Smart Cities and Climate Policy” Master Program, École Polytechnique
- Renata Paola Dameri, Prorector for International Cooperation and Smart Cities, Professor of Economics, University of Genoa
- Giuliano da Empoli, Lecturer at Sciences Po, former Deputy Mayor for Culture of Florence
- Eugenio Di Sciascio, Vice Mayor of Bari and Professor of Information Processing Systems, Polytechnic University of Bari
- Jun Hajiro, Professor, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS), Tokyo
- Jacqueline Klopp, Co-Director, Center for Sustainable Urban Development, Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Christian Lequesne, Full Professor of political science at Sciences Po, Chief Editor of European Review of International Studies (ERIS)
- Nilda Mesa, Director of the Urban Sustainability and Equity Planning Program, Center for Sustainable Urban Development, Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Carlos Moreno, Scientific Director “Entrepreneurship, Territory, Innovation” Chair, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Frédéric Ramel, Full Professor of political science and Dean of the Political Science Department, Sciences Po
- Marta Severo, Full Professor in communication at the University of Paris Nanterre
- Paolo Zanenga, President of the Diotima Society, Lecturer at the Polytechnic University of Turin and Parsons School of Design, The New School